Saturday, January 30, 2010

Seeing Results

I've noticed a few changes lately. YaY! I've got a couple muscle bulges in my arms that weren't there before. I've noticed my calves getting slightly thinner and leaner looking. And just this morning I noticed my upper thigh-line on up to my waist looked a little smaller. Very exciting! Although I haven't seen much progress on the scale... my weight has been fluctuating a lot.
On the flip side - I haven't gotten to workout in about 3 days and probably won't tomorrow either. Thursday I felt bad so I decided to take a break. Then Friday it started snowing and I didn't want to dare the roads. Today was the same - more snow, ice, and sleet. Tonight it's supposed to drop below freezing again and harden all the sludge that melted this afternoon. So Monday will be my best bet. But I guess it's for the better.
I took a half for fun, half serious quiz yesterday on self.com. It was supposed to determine if your workout is too hard or too lax. I can't remember the questions exactly but the gist was: yes, I am having trouble falling asleep; yes, I have been more cranky than usual; yes, my appetite has dwindled even though I'm working hard; and yes, .... well I can't remember that one. But it all came back to I was working my body too hard. But it's so hard to slow down! I know if I slow down a little... I'll want to slow down A LOT. It's my cycle. I skip a day, a day turns into two, then three, and before you know it I'm back to my old self again. Not this time! Plus I'm having so much fun while I'm at it... why stop? I have tried to include a few "fun" days for working out. For example Tuesday I went and just walked on the treadmill. Didn't incline or speed up, just walked at a steady-moderate pace - about 3.2 mph. And yesterday I played in the snow for about an hour, and counted that as my workout, lol. So I'm getting a little break without "stopping."
I have yet to start those ankle/knee/hip exercises I talked about earlier. But I still plan to.
And I think I've run out of things to talk about, so I'm going to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment