Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hurry Up Spring!

Oh I can't wait for Spring to be here!
Since buying our first house I've written down so many projects I want to do when the weather gets warm again. I have all my landscaping to do, flower beds to make, a garden to fix-up, furniture to paint, stones to lay out... the list goes on and on. And when it's rainy out, like it is today, it makes me miss it that much more; the warm sunshine, the green grass, the flowers...
I have so many fond memories of Spring. One of my favorites would be the Easter Egg Hunts my church would have when I was a kid. One year I found the Prize Egg - that was friggin awesome. I got a huge chocolate bunny all to myself. I don't think I ever finished it actually...
One awesome Spring moment is the first day you get to roll the windows down in the car. To me, THAT is the first day of SPRING. And taking the car down to give it its first wash in months. Then letting it dry in the warm rays...
Another personal favorite of mine is when Matt and I first got married. Around April we had gone to his little cousin's birthday party. I got a bubble party favor - oh yeah. I took that sucker home and played with it, nevermind I'm not 12 but more like 22. I sat on the hill behind our very first apartment and blew bubbles onto the cars passing on the road down below. Then we got out a huge tent we got for Christmas and tried it out. We slept and played in that thing all afternoon; trying out all the little gizmoes. That was a great day.
Oh I can't wait for Spring to be here...

No comments:

Post a Comment